Our Mission: To educate today's world about the lost but not forgotten one room country schools of America!
Belleview on the left and Spring Creek on the right:
Our Historic Schools:
Belleview School Built in 1894 and formerly known as school district #68 of Sumner County Kansas closed April 20th 1956:
Spring Creek School Built in 1904 and formaly known as school district #36 of Sumner County Kansas closed April 18th 1947:
Our next public program will be held April 22nd 2017 details on the Program's page.
Inside the Belleview School Currently:
6 rows of desks to seat around 30 or more students:
(One row belongs in Spring Creek when it is ready)
April 5th 2016:
The Spring Creek School District #36 of Sumner County Kansas was successfully moved from its original location South of Corbin Kansas Off anson road across the street and a little to the south from the Corzine Cemetary.
The school, its outhouses and its coal shed to be restored and used for educational purposes like Belleview!
"To educate today's children about the lost but not forgotten one room schools of America"
The year is 1895...
Boys and girls entered seperately (the windows on the front where once doors). Boys on the right and girls on the left. Boys sat on opposite sides of the room from the girls. Wow what a change from today, huh!??
The Belleview Schoolhouse is registered with the Country School Association of America:
And the Kansas State Historical Society:
Schedule a program for your group today!! Open to any age by appointment only! 620-845-4392 email firstname.lastname@example.org